What is Video Content Management?
November 16, 2016
Video content management, abbreviated “VCM,” refers to an organization’s ability to create, capture, manage and share video content across its systems – whether it’s internally for communication and collaboration, or to present information to an audience externally.
In order to efficiently manage video content, successful organizations rely on a unified platform such as a Digital Asset Management (DAM) System. Video capabilities provided for within the DAM System may include but are not limited to features such as:
- Live video streaming
- Video on demand
- Collaboration through video
- Corporate video portals
Being able to quickly share through video empowers enterprises to communicate more effectively – especially in real-time. The DAM System itself should therefore be configured to transmit video in a variety of formats compatible with an evolving number of digital devices, whether it’s tablets, smartphones, or laptop computers.
Another important component of VCM is quality, with the goal being to provide the best high-resolution imagery and high-fidelity audio possible. Video management is important to the subsequent industries for the following reasons:
- Retail – Can be utilized as a means to train new hires, or to inform current team members regarding new company policies. Can also inform sales teams and vendors regarding new product features and how to market them appropriately.
- Manufacturing – Can be utilized for product-training purposes, and to roll out new product releases.
- Communications – Can be used to reach users on a multitude of digital devices, with varying Internet connection bandwidths. Video, therefore, must be made available in a variety of formats.
- Finance and Insurance – Can be utilized to train employees regarding company policies, especially those related to financial security.
How Genus Technologies Helps with Video Content Management
Genus Technologies empowers enterprises to share video more efficiently than ever through its Genus Media Upshot software solution. Genus Media Upshot was built upon IBM Enterprise Content Management, meaning that it utilizes the power of IBM’s trusted systems to enable the entire video management process.
Video capabilities are provided for (including in real-time), in addition to digital media libraries, digital asset management, and other features. The ability to use video allows team members to communicate with one another securely and directly, in addition to in a manner that’s on-demand. Video can easily be coordinated alongside other digital assets, including enterprise content – all available through one centralized user interface.
By relying on the latest video technologies, you can share with any audience at a moment’s notice – allowing you to coordinate and communicate your message with more convenience and precision than ever.