Associate Support Engineer
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an Associate Support Engineer who will provide technical support to our customers on Genus-developed software and software systems from our Partners (Kofax, IBM, and Nuxeo). The ideal candidate will be an avid problem solver that enjoys working with others to tackle technical issues. This candidate will also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills. They will be responsible for working with customers to install, configure, and troubleshoot software systems.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and high customer satisfaction when answering support requests and assisting customers with both functional and technical product questions
- Review product documentation to determine if issues are functioning as designed and report defects and enhancement requests to development
- Troubleshoot internal and customer-reported issues and escalate complex issues to our development and engineering teams
- Create technical documentation and knowledgebase articles for customers to access
- Work with multiple software platforms such as: Zendesk, JIRA and Gitlab
We’re looking for an individual who can excel at performing a majority of the duties and responsibilities listed below. Keep in mind that these are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required or desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 1+ years’ experience developing or supporting complex software systems
- 1+ years’ experience with a middleware platform such as WebSphere, WebLogic or Tomcat
- Some-to-intermediate exposure to relational databases and SQL knowledge (ex. writing SQL queries)
- Basic web design skills with HTML, CSS, or other web technologies
- Strong self-starter attitude and continuous learner of new technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
And finally, your co-workers will expect a lot from you. You should be highly motivated, organized, a self-starter, results-oriented, and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Rock Star Qualifications
You are a great collaborator , communicator, and thrive in a quickly changing environment.
Why Genus Technologies
When you join Genus Technologies you’ll be part of a team that is changing the way businesses create, capture, manage and share video, images, and other digital assets for a wide range of business purposes. You’ll contribute directly to the delivery of complete software and services solutions that become critical to the operations of Fortune 50 companies and other leading organizations around the world.