Building the Perfect Winning Proposal
Before being awarded landmark design projects such as the Hoover Dam Bypass and the San Antonio River Walk, among many others, this Genus Technologies customer had to present winning proposals full of compelling information, images, photos and rich media in order to win the business.
With more than 10,000 employees in 225 locations worldwide, this leading architectural and engineering leader needed a way to ensure every proposal submitted to potential clients was as strong and persuasive as possible. The company needed a solution to deliver its most compelling digital content into the hands of the teams responsible for delivering winning proposals, whenever and wherever they needed it.
This company invests substantial resources each year to capture visual assets to support marketing and sales efforts. These assets – photos, illustrations, and video – are vital to the development of new business proposals because they reinforce the strength of the company’s value proposition. However, with these assets residing in three different systems (Engineering, Architecture and Human Resources), members of the sales and marketing teams rarely used them to their fullest potential because they were difficult to locate and access. The company needed a solution to consolidate these disparate systems to make the assets easy to find, access and incorporate into winning proposals.
Genus Technologies unified the management of all digital assets including logos, photos, videos, stock images, guidelines, documents, and templates with a single digital asset management (DAM) system.
Genus also developed integration with Adobe® InDesign™, the leading page layout software for print and digital publishing. This integration enables users to more efficiently create proposals and other documents using InDesign, by giving them the ability to search the Genus DAM system for the assets they require without leaving InDesign.
Our customer achieved its goal of generating the strongest possible proposals by ensuring that the marketing and sales teams always have easy access to the assets required by the process. The benefits and value delivered by the solution include:
- Enhanced proposal development productivity by enabling teams to find and add valuable photos and other document assets without leaving InDesign
- Standardized the look and feel of proposals with Genus DAM’s robust integration with the company’s Proposal Development Management System (PDMS)
- Simplified search and access to all of the company’s digital assets across any of the company’s systems by using IBM Enterprise Search tightly integrated with the Genus DAM
- Ensured copyright and license compliance by making only approved assets available for use, and enabling complete monitoring and tracking of those assets
- Eliminated redundancy between departments and facilitated interdepartmental asset sharing
Download the entire case study: "Building the Perfect Winning Sales Proposal: How to Optimize FileNet P8 to Manage All Digital Assets"