Delivering Worldwide Brand Integrity with Unified Media Management
This Fortune 50 logistics and delivery company must ensure that over 400,000 employees and partners around the world present its brand correctly and in compliance with formal brand standards. If different departments, offices, and partners each has its own system for storing brand assets such as logos, images, videos, and guidelines, the company has no way of knowing if these entities are using approved assets in compliance with the brand standards.
With the need to produce marketing communications across the world, our customer faced the challenge of achieving brand and messaging consistency across departments, divisions, and geographies. They needed the means to provide employees and vendors with role-based access to approved brand assets while ensuring that all marketing communications adhere to strict brand guidelines.
Genus Technologies centralized the management of all brand assets including logos, photos, videos, stock images, guidelines, documents, and templates by using a secured digital asset management (DAM) portal powered by Genus Media Upshot and enterprise software from IBM. With robust DAM functionality at its core, the solution immediately addressed four key customer priorities:
- The need to streamline the process of employees and vendors gaining access and approval for use of the brand
- The need for employees to gain quick access to the most recent guidelines, working documents, and templates
- The need to track legal permissions for an asset over its lifetime
- The need to repurpose past creative assets as a cost-saving measure for the company
Our customer now provides fast, reliable, controlled access to its brand assets, ensuring the integrity of its brand whenever it is presented globally, while achieving the following results:
- Provided employees and vendors with access to the brand assets they need to represent the company’s brand consistently around the world
- Eliminated the use of unapproved brand assets and improper use of approved brand assets
- Eliminated redundancy between departments and facilitated interdepartmental sharing of approved brand assets
- Enabled the tracking of usage permissions for all digital brand assets, eliminating the risk of license violations
- Generated savings of over $1 million annually by eliminating redundant licenses for stock images and footage