Preserving a Legacy of Advertising Excellence
As an icon in the advertising agency world for nearly half a century, this company has been producing award-winning campaigns since well before the advent of digital technology. They knew that to preserve their heritage, the organization needed to digitize decades worth of client audio and video projects currently existing only on physical media.
With successful clients dating to 1948, the agency had amassed a huge collection of video content produced for clients. Much of this collection took the form of television ads filmed long before the introduction of digital production. As a longtime customer of IBM, they turned to IBM and Genus Technologies for a solution.
The agency turned to IBM and Genus Technologies to create a digital asset and video management solution to achieve three critical objectives:
- Digitize existing analog video assets to preserve and protect their quality and heritage
- Centralize the management and access to all video content in a single repository accessible by the agency’s worldwide team
- Support operational tools, all types of video files and formats, and multi-channel output
Our customer achieved its critical objectives resulting in quantifiable business results, including:
- Increased efficiency by replacing a cumbersome process of requesting, searching and reviewing requests for access to client work
- Preserved and protected decades worth of irreplaceable historic video and other advertising media with a state-of-the-art digital asset management platform
- Enhanced user experience with an easy-to-use web interface for ordering and distributing video to employees, customers and partners
- Decreased time to market for video spots by providing immediate access to the video assets required by any member of the account team
- Increased revenue by offering video archiving services for customer on an outsourced basis
- Streamlined post-production processes and eliminated costs related to shipping and expediting assets, allowing our customer to recoup its investment in the solution within one year