Sparking Collaboration with the Hub
A simpler way to provide news and information to sales and marketing sparks collaboration and business growth
For this Fortune 500 multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer-branded food and meat products, making sure products get on the shelves at the right time and in the right quantities is paramount to their position of market leadership. Achieving this requires the sales and marketing teams to be armed with accurate, current information.
The company originally implemented an online system for sharing information, but outgrew it over time. The system had become an impediment, resulting in the following challenges:
- Lack of information organization meant users faced difficulties in finding the information that affected their business, such as planned promotions, product updates, and upcoming advertising campaigns
- Search functionality often presented false and excessive returns, requiring users to spend too much time seeking critical data
- Inconsistent formatting prevented users from visually scanning content quickly to find information pertinent to them
- Lack of a calendar function meant users had no way to determine the future events that could affect their products and markets
- Information was presented without context, meaning users often had to guess the impact of a particular announcement or promotion on their business
The system also carried with it a maintenance agreement that cost the company $100,000 annually, while even modest customizations could cost as much as $20,000. Simply put, the company was paying too much for a system that provided too little. With this in mind, they turned to Genus Technologies for a solution.
Genus Technologies worked closely with our customer’s stakeholders to develop an entirely new custom web portal. The solution combines best-in-class technology from Genus Technologies and IBM. Best yet, our customer’s IT team was able to implement the solution using in-house talent.
The Hub, as the solution is called, organizes news and information into three categories; Business Growth, Customer Impact, and General Information. Users can easily access information based on category or, conversely, can identify the context of the information based on its assigned category.
Standardized layouts and thumbnail representations allow users to quickly find the information they are seeking. The advanced calendar function clearly presents marketing events on an organized timeline enabling marketing and sales to collaborate and optimally serve their customers. When information comes in the form of video, the Hub streams it inline, without the need for users to open a video player or convert the video. It also gives the company’s marketing and advertising agencies access to an approved brand library, ensuring all marketing and advertising personnel utilize only current and approved brand assets.
Our customer recognized benefits immediately by giving their sales and marketing teams instant access to the information they need to grow their business. The results are easy to see:
- Created a savings of $200,000 in annual maintenance and customization costs
- Customizations that formerly cost up to $20,000 each and could take weeks to implement are now addressed on the spot internally and incur no outside costs
- Decreased search times by an average of 60%
- Increased sales effectiveness by giving sales and marketing teams the information they need to help retailers stock and turn product in accordance with strategic promotions and events
- Color-coded user interface provides context for information, making it actionable for customer-facing sales and marketing personnel
Download the E-Book to Learn the Details