Unified Media Management Streamlines Communication
Traditionally, organizations have needed separate systems to create, capture, manage, and share different types of content based on media type. Documents and transactional content required an enterprise content management (ECM) system, while photos, images and other brand assets called for a digital asset management (DAM) solution. Rich media, especially video, needed a completely different platform. Our customer, as a leader in their industry, suspected that an enterprise platform that unifies the management of this media would yield far-reaching benefits across the entire company.
With tens of thousands of employees and agents serving more home and auto policyholders than most other insurers worldwide, our customer relies on an array of media to share information and conduct business. Over time, however, the company had lost control over the management of this content.
Without a true enterprise solution to manage it, content was everywhere: disparate systems, local drives, hard drives, even thumb drives. In many cases, users lacked a full understanding of the different classifications of sensitive information and their associated implications. In a highly regulated industry, company executives understood the importance of governance, risk management and compliance and knew this current state put the company at risk.
With all of this in mind, they faced the challenge of unifying the management of all of their digital media. Their goal: to securely and reliably manage, share and track media and its consumption by both internal and external audiences across diverse business processes, formats and devices.
After evaluating several vendors, the company realized that most possessed one relative strength or another. One touted video management but lacked the other required capabilities. Another offered a product to manage transactional content, but did not support rich media. After an exhaustive search, the company selected Genus Technologies’ flagship product, Media Upshot, to provide an enterprise platform to unify media management for the entire company.
As a result of this unified media management initiative, our customer achieved far-reaching benefits across its full enterprise:
- Unified media management for 100,000 licensed users
- Efficient delivery, streaming and consumption tracking of compliance-mandatory video to 18,000 agent offices
- Automatic classification of sensitive and private content during the upload process to ensure all content is managed and shared securely and in compliance with applicable guidelines
- Automated delivery of content using the proper channel (peer-to-peer, internal streaming, or Content Distribution Network) based on content type and security classification
- Complete support for live and on-demand streaming video
- One-step publishing, so users need to publish content only once and can publish or unpublish content on demand
- Automatic delivery of legal and compliance documents with all videos and other rich media to ensure proper usage
- Automated delisting of content based on retention policies so content is purged automatically when it is no longer of value
- Superior functionality for editing, managing, and publishing over 100,000 employee and agent profile photos
- Complete Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance for all content in accordance with all federal guidelines