Genus Media Upshot for IBM Connections
Genus Media Upshot for Connections™ adds to the robust functionality of IBM’s business social network platform by simplifying the process of creating, managing, sharing and tracking documents, images, video and other rich media.
Features and Benefits
Create and share video directly within Connections - Create and edit video content without leaving Connections. Users can tag their videos with keywords to make their video easy to find, and share their video with others in their Connections communities across departmental and geographical borders.
Upload, store and instantly share existing video - Upload existing video content with no concern about its file type. Media Upshot automatically transcodes the video for easy playback, stores it within Connections, and makes it available to view instantly. Real-time streaming is bandwidth efficient, and Media Upshot automatically detects network constraints and delivers video optimized for the conditions.
Plan, schedule, and host live video events - Easily plan, schedule and host live video events such as corporate town hall meetings. Media Upshot automatically streams live video for viewers directly in Connections, and when the event ends, the video remains available in Connections for on-demand viewing.
Collaborate in new ways to inspire innovation - When teams share video and other rich media content, they can also collaborate by sharing comments, providing feedback and sharing with others. Media Upshot for Connections encourages this by making collaboration easy – it’s all within the simple user interface so there’s no need to open email or other social platforms.
Advanced Functionality At-A-Glance
- Manage your largest videos as easily as you manage your smallest videos
- Play videos directly in Connections - no need to download any file or player
- Search for video the same simple way you search for all content in Connections
- Automatically transcode video files into multiple formats including Adobe® Flash® Video (.flv) and MPEG4 H264 (.mp4) - no matter the video’s length, output bit rate and/or size
- Automatically generate alternative versions (with different bit rate/ video size) for users with varying internet connection bandwidths
- Store large video files into IBM Content Manager, FileNet P8 and CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services)- compliant repositories
- Automatically generate previews, thumbnails and resized versions of uploaded still images
- Generate previews of each page of documents in rich text, Adobe Acrobat®, Microsoft® Office and OpenOffice.org formats
- Create and modify media assets, set metadata and attach related documents
- Publish audio or video files to streaming servers instead of scattering files in several locations that require multiple failure-prone file transfers
Why Genus Technologies?
Trusted - We are the content experts and an IBM Premier partner.
Experienced - As a result of our long-term partnership, we’ve delivered more than 1,000 successful IBM projects.
Expert - Our track record has resulted in significant IP related to integrating Genus Media Upshot specifically with a broad set of IBM software platforms and applications.
Available - Genus expert resources are readily available to help bring you live on Genus Media Upshot.